Dr. Andrew Rich grew up in northern California. After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Biology from UC Santa Barbara, he completed post-baccalaureate education at Chico State. He completed his dental training at the Western University of Health Sciences-College of Dental Medicine in Pomona, CA. He then completed an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at Highland Hospital in Oakland, CA. He is looking forward to becoming an active member of the South Bay dental community.
Dr. Rich puts patient care first. His patients are treated as if they were members of his family. His clinical interests include IV sedation, dental implants, wisdom teeth extractions, and facial trauma. He is also available for emergency cases and is on call after hours.
Dr. Rich holds advanced training and experience in the full scope of oral & maxillofacial surgery which includes the following procedures:
- Dentoalveolar surgery including wisdom teeth extractions and exposure and bonding of impacted teeth
- Outpatient sedation/anesthesia
- Placement of dental implants and bone grafting including full mouth rehabilitation and autogenous bone grafting
- Orthognathic surgery including management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Management of facial trauma including fractures
- Management of benign pathology
Outside of work, Dr. Rich enjoys being active outdoors, traveling, and spending time with his family.